Car Accident Attorneys in Newport News, VA
The Right Virginia Auto Accident Attorney for Your Case
In 2015, the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles recorded 753 fatalities and 65,029 injuries on the Commonwealth’s streets and highways. If you or someone you know has been injured as a result of a motor vehicle collision in Virginia, you should contact The Bradfield Injury Law Firm, PC. We’ll work tirelessly to ensure you obtain fair financial compensation for all your injuries and damages caused by a car wreck.
Our law firm provides knowledgeable legal advice and quality representation for clients injured in every kind of vehicle-related accident, including:
- Weather Related Crashes
- Drunk Driver Injuries
- Impaired Driver Wrecks
- Distracted Driver Injuries
- Reckless Driver Accidents
- Rear-End Collisions
- Head-On Collisions
- Side-Impact Collisions
- Intersection Accidents
- Multi-Vehicle Pile Ups
- Rollover Accidents
- Motorcycle Wrecks
- Truck Accidents
- Tractor Trailer Accidents
- Bicycle Collisions
- Pedestrian Injuries
- Punitive Damages Cases
The Bradfield Injury Law Firm, PC develops a unique winning plan for each individual case. Our experience, perseverance, and attention to detail enable us to recover maximum financial compensation for our clients’ injuries and losses.
An important part of every personal injury and car accident case is developing the evidence necessary to prove that someone else is at fault. The injured accident victim must prove that someone else was careless, or negligent, and caused the injury before the injured person can recover financial compensation. The negligent or at fault person or company may attempt to deny responsibility, or claim that the injured victim caused or contributed to the accident. When this happens, you should immediately retain an experienced Virginia law firm that concentrates on handling personal injury cases to represent you and protect your interests.
The Bradfield Injury Law Firm leaves no stone unturned when we prepare your case for settlement negotiations with the negligent driver’s liability insurance carrier or when preparing your case for trial in court. We go the extra mile to make sure our clients receive maximum financial compensation.
Another important part of every personal injury case is developing and organizing evidence to prove the existence and extent of injuries and legally compensable damages suffered by a client injured by someone else’s negligence. At The Bradfield Injury Law Firm, we know the nuances of Virginia law applicable to personal injury case damages, and know how to organize and develop witnesses, documents, photographs, and other evidence to prove every aspect of your injuries and damages caused by the negligent party.
Wrongful Death Cases
Nothing can replace the devastating loss of a loved one killed by the careless act of someone else. The Bradfield Injury Law Firm, however, knows how to protect the interests of surviving family members and obtain maximum financial compensation for grieving survivors under the Virginia Wrongful Death Act.
What to do when you’ve been involved in a Car Accident
If you are involved in an automobile accident, here’s a handy list of what to do:
- Call 911 and request the police to come to the accident scene, even if it appears that no one is injured. The police at a minimum will conduct a brief investigation, obtain statements from the involved drivers, and facilitate exchange of identification and automobile insurance information.
- Call 911 and request an ambulance if anyone is injured, or if anyone requests medical attention for any other reason.
- If there were eyewitnesses other than the vehicle drivers, try to obtain their identities and pass along this information to the investigating law enforcement personnel.
- Unless you are transported from the crash scene by ambulance, stay at the scene until the investigating law enforcement official tells you to leave. You are subject to criminal prosecution if you leave an accident scene without medical justification or without permission from an investigating law enforcement official, even if you did not cause the collision.
- Take photographs of all visible damage to every vehicle involved in the accident.
- Exchange identification and automobile insurance information with the other involved drivers. Obtain names, addresses, telephone numbers, license plate numbers, and automobile insurance information.
- Be polite and courteous to everyone at the scene. Avoid arguing, shouting, and profanity. Don’t lose your temper.
- Do not apologize to anyone and do not say that you are sorry for any reason. Do not say that you made a mistake, or that you were at fault, or that you could or should have done something to avoid the collision. Do not say that you did anything or failed to do anything that caused the collision. Remember that anything you say to anyone at the accident scene can and will be used against you if you have to present a personal injury claim to the negligent party’s insurance carrier or file a personal injury lawsuit.
- Report the accident and your personal injury claim to the negligent driver’s automobile insurance carrier as soon as possible. Don’t tell the insurance company that you were partially to blame or that you did anything to cause or contribute to the accident. Don’t minimize the extent of your injuries and symptoms, but don’t wildly exaggerate them either.
- Report the accident to your own automobile insurance carrier as soon as possible. Provide your own automobile insurance carrier with all of the information requested, and fully cooperate with your auto insurance carrier’s investigation.
- If you are injured, retain an experienced Virginia personal injury law firm to represent you on your personal injury liability claim.
Retain the Right Virginia Law Firm to Help You
Attorney Phil Bradfield, founder and owner of The Bradfield Injury Law Firm, PC, has exclusively represented clients with personal injury and wrongful death claims and lawsuits throughout Virginia for more than twenty-eight years. He has a proven track record of recovering maximum financial compensation for his clients. If you need a skilled and experienced Newport News, VA personal injury lawyer or wrongful death lawyer, contact The Bradfield Injury Law Firm today, and Put the Sword of Justice on Your Side!
Call For A Free Consultation (757) 506-0096